Thursday, June 25, 2009

Not Lobster II

OK. At the risk of being considered an elitist, I'm going to spread a little peanut butter of my own.

Meet Mr. Crab.

Mr. Crab isn't just any Crab, he's a PEANUTBUTTERED DUNGENESS CRAB.


Actually, in all honesty, today's my birthday. And Miranda and David bought me the best birthday present... ever.

Just hanging in the yard.


David enjoying the crabs.

Sorry Man, but that's enough fooling around.
At least in the yard.

Waiting.

One down, One to go.

Boiling.

What you want to do is drop your crab into one gallon of boiling, salted water. Use 1/4 cup of kosher salt to salt the water. After adding crab, return to a boil, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes for a crab 1.5 to 2 lbs, or 18 for 2.5 to 3 lbs.

Once your crab is done, drop him in ice water until the shell is cool enough to handle. Then clean your crab.

I'll spare you the gross cleaning pictures.

This then, is what you're left with.

Attack of the claw!

Trying to make off with the leg AND the claw... in my pocket...

Can't be beat. Savory, Sweet, the best meat on earth.

3 comments:

  1. That is awsome. I laughed outright with the peanutbutter. Happy belated birthday bro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does this make you mr. crabby-pants?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just because I've had a crab leg in my pocket? Sure... I can be mr. crabby-pants. :)

    ReplyDelete