Monday, June 29, 2009

Pulled Pork (with North Carolina vinegar sauce)

Well, I've been having a hankering for some Bar-b-que... Some smoked butt and a nice vinegar based sauce with crushed red pepper. You know, a nice North Carolina style Pulled Pork. So I set my sights high and figured it was up to me.
Kinda, "Now. Here. This."
So I got myself busy.

This would be two quarts of water, some salt and some molasses.

Because everyone knows you don't have to, but you can "Brine your Swine".


This is the pork after a nice 12 hour bath in the stuff, rinsed and about to be patted dry.


I am pretty sure every one knows I like to rub my butt, just in case here is some photographic proof.

At this point, I like to wrap it up and let it sit in the fridge for a day, just to soak up all those tasty spices.

Bright and early Sunday Morning. The Smoker is at temp (200) and the meat has reached room temp. (about an hour)


Smoking away.


About half way done. Don't forget to mop hourly with a mix of Cider Vinegar and Kentucky Bourbon!


Bring to 190 internal temp (this was about 9 hrs)wrap in foil and let rest for 1 hour. Pull. drizzle with a thin piquant vinegar sauce (cider vinegar, brown sugar, ketchup, salt, crushed red pepper and water)


Eat up.

2 comments: