Sunday, March 13, 2011

Morrocan Chicken Israeli Couscous and Beet Salad

Let me say that I have hated beets with a passion since I was a child. I am sure it has something to do with those nasty pickled things from a can that tasted like sour dirt and somehow grew in size once you put them in your mouth. Now that I am older and have more discerning tastes I thought I should try them again.



Ok so I boiled them rubbed the skins off under cold running water and threw them in the fridge to chill. Then I sliced them, tossed a sprinkle of some nice kosher salt, some minced garlic, a little minced fresh Mint and Thyme, added a little olive oil and balsamic and then topped it with a nice Gorganzola. I must say this is nothing like that nasty stuff I remember from my youth. I might even be willing to taper off all the other stuff and let the beets show thru a little more in the future.

So I finally found Israeli Couscous and did it up in chicken stock with Tomatoes, fresh sliced sweet peppers, olives, green onions, minced parsley and a sprinkle of Black Lava Salt

A nice 2003 Syrah kept it all company.

Rounded out by a little grilled Chicken with a nice morrocan rub.

No comments:

Post a Comment