Monday, April 20, 2009

Sleek variation

So I was thinking I would try and modify how I make Sleek. I figured I would keep it similar use a grain for a grain a bean for a bean etc. that kind of thing, you know. So here is how it went.




I toasted up some Quinoa instead of the Bulghar Wheat.

I figured I had to use Onion for the Onion.


I thought it might be nice to add in some Shitake mushrooms



I didn't think I could really replace the Kale so I used a nice big bunch of it. Also, I wanted to use Fava beans but couldn't find any canned and didn't have time to soak the dried ones for 4-8 hours. So I decided to use Adzuki Beans instead of the Black Eye Peas.



It turned out rather nice. I figure I will play around with this recipe for a while. I know die hard Sleek fans might find my modifications offensive but I just want to mix it up a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment