Monday, March 23, 2009

Sleek

So I found another recipe on the net... This one is for a vegitarian dish called Sleek. I found it because I was looking for a way to cook Kale. I thought this looked good. I figured since it was the first time I was ever going to cook Kale I should be adventurous... Once I started I found out I didn't have any black eyed peas so I had to modify (Great Northern Beans my appologies). It was still delicious! I hope next time will be even better!


1 large Sweet Yellow Onion

1 good bunch of Kale (chopped stems removed)

1/2 cup Bulghar Wheat

1 can Black Eye Peas

Tamari Sauce

Plain Non Fat Yogurt


Toast the Bulghar Wheat in some Olive Oil until golden. Add 1 cup boiling water and set aside. Saute Sweet Yellow Onion in 2 tsp Olive Oil til carmelized. Drain and rinse Black Eye Peas. Add Bulghar, Peas and Kale. Toss gently. Cover and simmer until Kale is cooked down and shiny. Add 1 tbsp Tamari and stir. Serve with a dollop of Yogurt and a sprinkle of Tamari.

No comments:

Post a Comment